Recipe: Perfect Shrimp Creole
Easiest Way to Prepare Delicious Shrimp Creole. This Shrimp Creole recipe is a Louisiana favorite that packs a punch and comes together in under an hour. Better yet, it uses ingredients you already If you've ever made a trip to Louisiana, you'll be familiar with this shrimp dish. In fry pan, heat olive oil.
This was a great "base" recipes for shrimp creole. As one user stated, the sauce just tasted like tomatoes. In a large skillet over medium heat, melt butter.
Recipe: Yummy Shrimp Creole
You can have Shrimp Creole using 15 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Shrimp Creole
Easiest Way to Cook Appetizing Shrimp Creole ? To Make this Healthy Shrimp Creole, you will need the following 15 ingredients:
- Prepare 4 cup – Coarsely Chopped Tomatos.
- Prepare 3 lb – 20/24 Count Shrimp.
- Prepare 1/2 cup – Vegtable Oil.
- Prepare 2 cup – Coarsley Chopped Onions.
- You need 1 cup – Coarsley Chopped Bell Peppers.
- You need 1 cup – Coarsley Chopped Celery.
- You need 2 tsp – Finly Chopped Garlic.
- You need 1 cup – Water.
- You need 2 each – Bay Leaves.
- It’s 1 tbsp – Paprika.
- You need 1 – Cayenne.
- You need 1 – Salt.
- It’s 2 tbsp – Cornstarch mixed w/ 1/4 cup cold water.
- You need 8 cup – Rice.
- You need 5 tsp – Tony Chacheres.
Add garlic, paprika, thyme, oregano, and cayenne and. Heat a large heavy Dutch oven over medium heat. Cook garlic, onions, celery, and green bell peppers. Stir in cayenne and let caramelize.
Shrimp Creole instructions
How to Make Tasty Shrimp Creole step by step ? Here 8 steps how you achieve it
- Drain and chop tomatos coarsley.
- Peal and devain shrimp let dry on paper towel.
- In heavy pot, heat oil over med. heat. Add onions, green peppers, celery, and garlic, stirring frequently, cook apx. 5 min.s till vegetables are soft and translucent but Not Brown..
- Stir in the tomatos, water, bay leaves, paprika, cayenne, and salt, bring to boil over high heat. Reduce heat to low cover partly and simmer for apx. 25 min.s untill thick. Add shrimp simmer apx. 5 more min.s.
- Stir in cornstarch and water, cook over low heat for 2 or 3 more min.s till sauce thickens a little pull bay leaves out taste for seasoning adjust, serve over rice with a little green onion on top.
- Add stir in Tony's to taste.
- I know some dont like this or that but try it before changing anything!.
- Setve over hot rice with some fresh chopped green onlons as garnish, Enjoy love Daddy!.
Shrimp Creole originated in South Louisiana where gulf shrimp are plentiful. The shrimp are simmered in a spicy tomato sauce and the dish is served over rice. It makes a great one-pot meal for family gatherings or potlucks. Creole shrimp is a true Louisiana specialty starring shrimp and co-starring sausage in a mixture of diced tomatoes and, of course, flavored with the holy trinity of Southern cooking – onion, celery, bell pepper, and a kick from the hot sauce. Louisiana Cookin' is the only national magazine for the connoisseur of Louisiana's unique culture, cuisine, and travel destinations.