Recipe: Appetizing Shrimp over Coconut Rice
Easiest Way to Make Tasty Shrimp over Coconut Rice. Learn how to make Coconut Shrimp and Rice. Mix in the second can of coconut milk to the cooked rice. These Grilled Shrimp and Pineapple Skewers over Coconut Rice are an easy meal for any night of the week!
I've been in a dinner slump lately where everything sounds overwhelming and nothing. I owe you this coconut curry shrimp recipe. And I'm delivering it in two different versions, one that was the original from a cereal cooking challenge I was part of and the other version minus the cereal for those of you looking for a simpler version.
Recipe: Perfect Shrimp over Coconut Rice
You can cook Shrimp over Coconut Rice using 8 ingredients and 2 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Shrimp over Coconut Rice
How to Prepare Perfect Shrimp over Coconut Rice ? To Cook this Healthy Shrimp over Coconut Rice, you will need the following 8 ingredients:
- You need 13 oz – can coconut milk.
- You need 1 1/2 cup – long grain white rice, rinsed.
- Prepare 6 oz – green beans, cut into 2 inch pieces.
- Prepare 1 tbsp – green curry paste.
- Prepare 10 oz – frozen peas, thawed.
- It’s 3/4 lb – frozen shrimp, peeled, deveined, and coarsely chopped.
- You need 1/2 – of a lime for its juice.
- It’s 1 – salt and pepper.
This recipe was my divine inspiration when I was put on the. Cilantro Lime Shrimp with Coconut Rice — skillet cooked shrimp is tossed with bright lime and fresh cilantro then served over a bed of rich coconut rice. It's the perfect tropical meal you can enjoy any day of the year! The first thing you want to do is get water boiling for your rice noodles.
Shrimp over Coconut Rice instructions
Recipe: Appetizing Shrimp over Coconut Rice instructions ? Here 2 steps how you achieve that
- In saucepan, bring 2 1/3 cups water, 2/3 cup coconut milk, and 1 1/2 teaspoons salt to a boil over high heat. Stir in the rice, cover, lower the heat and summer until the rice is tender and most of the liquid is absorbed, 15 to 20 minutes..
- Meanwhile, in a medium skillet, heat the remaining coconut milk over medium heat. Whisk in the curry paste. Stir in the green beans and cook for 3 minutes. Add the peas and shrimp and cook, stirring, until the shrimp is cooked through, 2 to 3 minutes. Stir in the lime juice and season with salt and pepper if needed. Serve over the coconut rice.
Fill a large saucepan three-quarters full with water and heat over high. These crispy shrimp are rolled in a coconut beer batter before frying. For dipping sauce, I use orange marmalade, mustard and horseradish mixed to Hold shrimp by tail, and dredge in flour, shaking off excess flour. Dip in egg/beer batter; allow excess to drip off. Roll shrimp in coconut, and place on a.