Recipe: Perfect Low-carb Okonomiyaki-Style Koya Tofu
Easiest Way to Prepare Tasty Low-carb Okonomiyaki-Style Koya Tofu.
Recipe: Appetizing Low-carb Okonomiyaki-Style Koya Tofu
You can cook Low-carb Okonomiyaki-Style Koya Tofu using 7 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Low-carb Okonomiyaki-Style Koya Tofu
Easiest Way to Prepare Yummy Low-carb Okonomiyaki-Style Koya Tofu ? To Prepare this Healthy Low-carb Okonomiyaki-Style Koya Tofu, you will need the following 7 ingredients:
- Prepare 3 large – – about 50 grams Koya dofu.
- Prepare 1 bag – – 150 grams Bean sprouts (see Step 1).
- It’s 100 grams – Pork (see Step 1).
- Prepare 2 – about 100 grams ☆Egg (medium).
- You need 1 – packet – 3 grams ☆Bonito flakes.
- Prepare 3 grams – ☆Small shrimp.
- You need 1 pinch – or so ☆Salt.
Low-carb Okonomiyaki-Style Koya Tofu instructions
Recipe: Tasty Low-carb Okonomiyaki-Style Koya Tofu step by step ? Here 9 steps how you achieve that
- I used these additions to the batter this time: thinly sliced pork, and black bran bean sprouts (0 g sugar per 100 g). Cut the pork up into easy to eat pieces..
- Soak the koya dofu in plenty of water for 10 to 15 mnutes. Squeeze out each piece until it weighs around 40 to 45 g (so no more moisture comes out when you squeeze them)..
- Rip up the koya dofu, and put in a food processor with the ☆ ingredients. Process until smooth and you don't see any chunks of koya tofu left. Transfer the batter to a bowl..
- Put the bean sprouts in the food processor and chop them up by pulsing the machine twice. If you over-chop, they'll make the batter too watery..
- Put the pork from Step 1 and the bean sprouts from Step 4 into the bowl with the battter, and fold them in with a spatula. The batter will look very crumbly at this stage, unlike regular okonomiyaki batter..
- Heat up a frying pan and spread some oil in it if needed. Ladle 1/4 each of the batter into the pan twice (2 pancakes). Form each pancake into neat circles with a spatula, cover with a lid and steam-fry..
- Cook the pancakes over medium heat for 5 minutes until well browned, and then turn them over. Cook them on the other side over low-medium heat for about 4 minutes with the lid on. Cook the remaining batter in the same way..
- The pancakes will be moist. Serve with okonomiyaki sauce, mayonnaise and aonori powder. They are also delicious topped with cheese and steam-fried until the cheese has melted..
- I tried replacing half the bean sprouts with rather thickly shredded salad greens. The crispy texture was great..