Recipe: Appetizing Traditional Italian Shrimp Scampi
How to Prepare Tasty Traditional Italian Shrimp Scampi.
How to Make Perfect Traditional Italian Shrimp Scampi
You can cook Traditional Italian Shrimp Scampi using 10 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Traditional Italian Shrimp Scampi
Easiest Way to Cook Perfect Traditional Italian Shrimp Scampi ? To Prepare this Healthy Traditional Italian Shrimp Scampi, you will need the following 10 ingredients:
- It’s 1 lb – Fresh Jumbo Shrimp (I used Tiger Prawns).
- You need 1 – large Shallot.
- You need 6 clove – fresh garlic.
- Prepare 1 cup – Pinot Grigio white wine.
- You need 4 tbsp – unsalted butter.
- It’s 1 tbsp – fresh flat leaf parsley.
- You need 2 tbsp – olive oil.
- Prepare 1 – lemon.
- Prepare 1 pinch – red pepper flakes.
- It’s 1 – salt & pepper to taste.
Traditional Italian Shrimp Scampi instructions
Recipe: Perfect Traditional Italian Shrimp Scampi instructions ? Here 9 steps how you cook it
- Clean Shrimp by removing the shell but leaving the tail on & removing the bottom vein & then butterfly the shrimp by slicing open the top down to the top vein all the way down to the top vein & remove & rinse the cleaned butterflied shrimp.
- Salt & pepper the cleaned shrimp.
- Finely dice the shallots & mince the garlic.
- In a saute pan add the olive oil & 2 tablespoons of the butter on a medium high heat & then add the shallots and garlic with a pinch of red pepper flake & cook until shallots are clear but dont brown the garlic.
- Add the shrimp & saute until they turn color & remove immediately…they don't have to be cooked all the way through..
- Add the white wine to the pan with the remaining 2 tablespoons of butter & the juice of a lemon & let simmer for a few minutes.
- Add the shrimp back to the pan with the finely minced parsely & cook & toss for a minute or two depending on how big the shrimp are.
- Plate, serve, eat & enjoy.
- Also delicious on top of spaghetti just double the sauce recipe.