How to Prepare Delicious Cajun shrimp and rice scampi
Recipe: Tasty Cajun shrimp and rice scampi. Jen gets the kitchen sizzling with her Cajun shrimp scampi. I also tried it with chicken. Season the shrimp with Cajun seasoning, salt, and pepper.
If you overcrowd the pan, you risk steaming and overcooking.which would lead to sad. Do you have a favorite meal for those need-something-quick-and-don't-want-to-have-to-plan-or-work-too-hard days? Sprinkle the shrimp with parsley, lemon juice, and black pepper, and toss to combine.
How to Prepare Tasty Cajun shrimp and rice scampi
You can cook Cajun shrimp and rice scampi using 18 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Cajun shrimp and rice scampi
Recipe: Delicious Cajun shrimp and rice scampi ? To Cook this Easy Cajun shrimp and rice scampi, you will need the following 18 ingredients:
- It’s 2 – small red chiles minced.
- Prepare 1 – med jalepeno minced.
- Prepare 4 – garlic cloves minced.
- It’s 1/4 cup – fine chopped celery.
- You need 1/4 cup – fine chopped green bell.
- You need 1/2 cup – fine chopped onion.
- You need 1/4 cup – Fine chopped parsley.
- Prepare 1 – large lemon zested and juiced.
- You need 1 pound – mayport shrimp (or the freshest medium to large you can get).
- Prepare – webber Cajun seasoning (it's less saltier than most).
- You need Tsp – Dried basil.
- Prepare Tsp – Dried oregano.
- It’s Tsp – Smoked paprika.
- You need – Evo.
- It’s 4 tbsp – butter.
- Prepare 2 1/2 cups – chicken stock.
- Prepare 1 cup – jazmatti rice (long grain).
- It’s 1/2 cup – dry white wine.
Serve as is, or with crusty bread, over pasta, or over rice (for. I added Cajun spices to top off and it hit the spot. Definitely a comfort food, great for the winter. I also added more garlic, as I do love my garlic and minced onions.
Cajun shrimp and rice scampi instructions
Recipe: Appetizing Cajun shrimp and rice scampi instructions ? Here 9 steps how you cook that
- Add 2 tbsp of butter to pan, when simmering add all veggies and half the garlic and sauté until really soft, about 15 minutes.
- Add basil, oregano, paprika until combined and then add the rice and cook in the veggies for about 10 minutes. Add a good pinch of salt and cook for another 5. Add stock and simmer covered for about 15 to 20 minutes.
- After about 15 minutes check rice and if liquid is mostly absorbed cover and remove from heat while you finish the rest of the dish.
- Season shrimp with Webber Cajun seasoning and rub in, sear quickly and set aside..
- Add evo to the same pan followed by the rest of the garlic and sauté until fragrant. Add the wine and reduce for a few minutes..
- Add the lemon zest, juice of a whole lemon, 1/2 cup chicken stock and a couple tablespoons of parsley (I add a tsp if crushed red pepper) and simmer for a few minutes..
- Remove from heat and incorporate the rest of the butter until sauce starts to thicken.
- Add shrimp and toss until heated through.
- Plate rice and top with the saucy Cajun shrimp, parsley and a squeeze of lemon.
Sprinkle the shrimp with Cajun seasoning; toss to coat. Try our healthy cajun shrimp and rice recipe. Learn how to prepare this meal step by step and see a full list of ingredients. Then immediately add diced tomatoes, water and tomato paste. Pineapple Shrimp Fried Rice has a delicious flavor combination of savory, sweet and spicy.