Recipe: Yummy Steamed Rice Cake / Chwee Kueh
Easiest Way to Prepare Perfect Steamed Rice Cake / Chwee Kueh.
Recipe: Appetizing Steamed Rice Cake / Chwee Kueh
You can cook Steamed Rice Cake / Chwee Kueh using 18 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Steamed Rice Cake / Chwee Kueh
How to Make Tasty Steamed Rice Cake / Chwee Kueh ? To Cook this Juicy Steamed Rice Cake / Chwee Kueh, you will need the following 18 ingredients:
- Prepare 150 g – rice flour.
- Prepare 15 g – wheat flour.
- You need 15 g – corn flour.
- You need 1 tbsp – cooking oil.
- Prepare 450 ml – water.
- You need 400 ml – water + 1/2 tsp salt + 1/2 tsp sugar.
- It’s – Ingredients for topping:.
- You need 150 g – preserved radish.
- It’s 75 g – sweet pickled mustard cabbage.
- Prepare 4 tbsp – minced shallot.
- You need 4 tbsp – minced garlic.
- You need 2 tbsp – dried prawn, soaked and minced.
- You need 1/2 cup – oil.
- Prepare 2 tsp – light soy sauce.
- It’s 1/4 tsp – dark soy sauce.
- Prepare 2 tbsp – sugar.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp – white pepper.
- You need 1/2 tsp – chicken powder (no MSG added).
Steamed Rice Cake / Chwee Kueh instructions
Easiest Way to Cook Yummy Steamed Rice Cake / Chwee Kueh instructions ? Here 11 steps how you cook that
- Mix all flour with 400 ml of water, set aside for about 10 minutes..
- Boil 450 ml of water with salt and sugar, pour directly into flour mixture. Stir well..
- Brush little oil onto the mould and place in steamer for awhile..
- Pour batter into hot moulds about 3/4 full..
- Steam at high heat for about 12 minutes..
- Remove moulds from steamer to cool for about 10 minutes before scoop out from the mould..
- Method for the topping: Soak persevered radish and pickled mustard in water for 15 minutes, rinse and drain well..
- Chop radish and mustard into small pieces using a food processor..
- Heat up 1/2 cup of oil in the pan, fry dried prawn fro about 1 minute until fragrant. Add in minced garlic and shallot..
- Add in preserved radish and pickled mustard, mix well until the oil is absorbed, cook over low heat for about 30 minutes, stirring occasionally..
- Mix in seasoning, mix well and allow it to cool..