How to Cook Tasty Red Curry Vegetable Noodle Soup
Recipe: Delicious Red Curry Vegetable Noodle Soup.
Recipe: Delicious Red Curry Vegetable Noodle Soup
You can have Red Curry Vegetable Noodle Soup using 16 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Red Curry Vegetable Noodle Soup
Recipe: Tasty Red Curry Vegetable Noodle Soup ? To Cook this Easy Red Curry Vegetable Noodle Soup, you will need the following 16 ingredients:
- You need 1 – large bunch Bok Choy, white stems separated from green leaves.
- It’s 2 tablespoons – olive oil.
- It’s 1 – small onion, diced.
- Prepare 3 – garlic cloves, minced.
- It’s 1 Tablespoon – grated peeled fresh ginger.
- Prepare 2 tablespoons – red curry paste (use mild or spicy, according to preference). Medium works best with this dish. I used a jar of Trader Joe's Red Curry Simmer Sauce!.
- It’s 1 – small sweet potato, peeled and cut into 1 inch pieces.
- Prepare 1 quart – chicken or vegetable stock.
- You need 2 Tablespoons – Asian fish sauce (don't skip this ingredient!! I use the Vietnamese versions)).
- Prepare 2 teaspoons – dark brown sugar.
- It’s 1 (13 ounce) – can of full fat coconut milk.
- Prepare Half – teaspoon kosher salt plus more to taste.
- It’s 8 ounces – Vermicelli (Angel Hair or similar) rice noodles.
- You need 3 – limes, 2 juiced, one cut into wedges.
- Prepare 1/4 Cup – coarsely chopped fresh cilantro for garnish.
- You need – Shrimp or Scallops (see note in introduction).
Red Curry Vegetable Noodle Soup instructions
Easiest Way to Cook Appetizing Red Curry Vegetable Noodle Soup instructions ? Here 6 steps how you achieve it
- Slice the Bok Choy stems into 1/2 inch pieces. Slice the leaves into 1 inch pieces. Set aside.
- Using the sauté function, heat the oil in the pressure cooker. Add the onion, garlic, ginger, and curry paste and cook until fragrant, 1 to 2 minutes. (If using regular pot, instructions are the same.) Add the sweet potato and the white stems of the Bok Choy, along with the stock. Bring to a simmer and add the fish sauce and brown sugar, stirring until the sugar dissolves, about one minute..
- Stir in the coconut milk and salt, cover, and cook on high pressure for 15 minutes (or if using a regular pot: 45 minutes on medium heat)).
- Meanwhile, cook the Vermicelli noodles according to the package instructions..
- Release the pressure manually. Remove the lid and stir in the Bok Choy greens until wilted. Add the lime juice and more salt to taste..
- Divide the noodles among individual bowls and ladle the soup on top, garnishing with the cilantro and lime wedges.