Recipe: Delicious Cilantro Lime Shrimp Linguine
Recipe: Appetizing Cilantro Lime Shrimp Linguine. In a medium bowl, whisk together olive oil, lime juice, and cumin. Add shrimp and toss to combine. Cilantro Lime Shrimp Scampi Pasta – it's just like shrimp scampi but with cilantro, lime, and linguine pasta!
Perfect dinner for any time of the year (but especially Summer!). This cilantro lime shrimp pasta dish gets great flavor from the cilantro and the cumin and a little bit of a kick from the crushed red pepper, however its spice isn't over the top. It comes together very quickly and easily, particularly when you buy the shrimp already peeled and deveined.
Recipe: Tasty Cilantro Lime Shrimp Linguine
You can have Cilantro Lime Shrimp Linguine using 13 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Cilantro Lime Shrimp Linguine
Recipe: Delicious Cilantro Lime Shrimp Linguine ? To Cook this Healthy Cilantro Lime Shrimp Linguine, you will need the following 13 ingredients:
- Prepare 1 lb – frozen raw shrimp – thawed, deveined and peeled, peels reserved for stock.
- Prepare 1 tbsp – Mrs. Dash Perfect Blend Citrus Fiesta seasoning.
- You need 1/8 tsp – red pepper flakes.
- You need 3 tbsp – olive oil – divided.
- Prepare 2 clove – garlic – minced.
- It’s 2 cup – shrimp stock (see step 2).
- Prepare 1 – zest and juice of 1 large lime (or 1 and 1/2 small).
- Prepare 1 tsp – honey.
- You need 1 cup – heavy cream or half and half.
- Prepare 1 – salt and pepper to taste.
- It’s 2 tbsp – fresh grated parmesan.
- You need 1/4 cup – chopped fresh cilantro – leaves only (this was t abou1/2 a bunch for me).
- You need 8 oz – linguine pasta – prepared to package directions, 1/4 c of pasta water reserved.
Shrimp scampi, which is basically shrimp cooked in a butter, garlic and lemon sauce, is one of my favourite meals! The other day I was enjoying some cilantro lime grilled shrimp and I could not help but think that the fabulous cilantro and lime flavour combo would be great in shrimp scampi! I mean if you take something that is already good, like butter and garlic, and combine it with something. I love this cilantro lime shrimp on its own as an appetizer, but it's also the perfect thing to add to pasta for a full meal.
Cilantro Lime Shrimp Linguine instructions
How to Cook Delicious Cilantro Lime Shrimp Linguine step by step ? Here 8 steps how you achieve it
- Thaw, devein and shell raw shrimp (I buy frozen deveined, ez peel like AquaStar brand). Place peeled shrimp in a medium bowl and shells in a small sauce pan..
- To make the stock, cover shells in pan with about 2 1/2 c water. Add a pinch each of garlic powder and onion powder if desired but NO salt. Bring to a boil over medium high heat. Reduce to medium low, cover and simmer 25 minutes. While stock is simmering marinate shrimp. Drizzle 2 tbs olive oil over shrimp in bowl. Add Mrs. Dash seasoning, red pepper flakes and a small pinch of salt. Stir to coat, cover and refrigerate..
- When stock is done, strain through a fine mesh sieve or colander placed over a medium bowl. Set bowl of stock aside and discard shells. Begin preparing pasta according to package directions. When done, reserve 1/4 cup of the water, drain pasta and set aside..
- While pasta cooks, heat a large pan over medium heat. Remove shrimp from fridge, uncover, add to hot pan along with all marinade in bowl. Spread out into an even layer. Cook on first side about 30 seconds. Flip all pieces. Cook 1 minute more or until shrimp are just beginning to turn pink. Transfer to cleaned bowl and set aside..
- Place pan back on heat. Add last tbs olive oil. Allow to heat about 30 seconds. Add minced garlic. Sautee until just fragrant, stirring constantly so not to burn. About 1 minute. Add all of the shrimp stock, stir and scrape up any flavorful bits stuck in bottom of pan. Turn the heat up to medium high and boil until liquid is reduced by half, stirring occasionally. About 5 minutes..
- When stock has reduced, turn heat down to medium, add zest and juice of lime(s) as well as honey. Stir until well mixed. Stir in heavy cream until fully incorporated. Bring back to a simmer until thickened, stirring frequently. About 2 minutes. Add 1/4 c pasta water and shrimp to sauce. Bring back to a low simmer until shrimp are just heated through and sauce has thickened once more. About another 2 minutes. Taste. Add a small pinch of salt and pepper as desired. Stir..
- Turn heat off. Add linguine to sauce in pan. Toss to coat. Add about 1/3 cup chopped cilantro and freshly grated parmesan, gently toss to coat once more. Taste again and adjust salt and pepper as desired once more. Serve with a crisp side salad and enjoy!.
- Note: unsalted chicken stock may be used in place of the shrimp stock. The shrimp flavor will just not be as pronounced in the dish as with it. Emphasis on unsalted though! If you use regular sodium stock it will become too salty as it reduces. Also, if you can't find the Mrs. Dash add 1/2 tsp each chile powder and paprika, 1/4 tsp onion powder and about 2 tsp lime juice to the shrimp along with the olive oil and pinch of salt..
The buttery sauce pairs perfectly with linguine noodles, and creates an AMAZING shrimp scampi pasta dish. Thanks to a secret ingredient, these Easy Chile Butter Shrimp Tacos with a simple slaw and avocado mash are seriously tasty.; Fresh and easy, this Shrimp Ceviche features lime juice, red onion, cucumber, cilantro, and avocado.; Soba noodles, pesto, and roasted shrimp make the tastiest and easy dinner. Make this tonight or save for a special occasion. This shrimp ceviche-inspired pasta salad stars lime-marinated shrimp, avocados, grape tomatoes, onion, and cilantro all tossed with corkscrew pasta. Cilantro Lime Shrimp Pasta Recipe kissed with island flavors!