Recipe: Delicious Blackened Corn and Shrimp Salad
How to Prepare Delicious Blackened Corn and Shrimp Salad. I love making salads for dinner in the summer. They are quick and easy and use up lots of summer produce. I loaded this salad up with tons of Mexican flavor: grilled corn, black beans, salsa and a couple squeezes of fresh lime juice.
I included these blackened shrimp on a salad with Avacado and spring onions Served in corn tortillas with slaw. This is definatly going on the. Learn how to make Blackened Shrimp Salad with Jicama and Grilled Corn.
How to Cook Tasty Blackened Corn and Shrimp Salad
You can cook Blackened Corn and Shrimp Salad using 14 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Blackened Corn and Shrimp Salad
How to Cook Delicious Blackened Corn and Shrimp Salad ? To Make this Juicy Blackened Corn and Shrimp Salad, you will need the following 14 ingredients:
- Prepare 2 ears – sweet corn, cut off the cob.
- You need 20-25 – medium sized fresh or thawed shrimp, deveined and peeled.
- It’s 2 T – vegetable oil.
- It’s 2 – large slicing tomatoes, cut into bite-sized pieces.
- Prepare 2 – shallots, diced.
- You need 1 – jalapeño pepper, diced.
- You need 1/4 c – fresh basil leaves, diced.
- Prepare 1/4 c – mayonnaise, more to taste.
- It’s 6 oz – Cojita cheese, crumbled, more for garnish.
- Prepare – Juice from 1 lime.
- You need 1 T – chili powder or to taste.
- It’s 1/2 T – smoked paprika or to taste.
- It’s 3 – green onions, diced.
- You need to taste – Salt.
Peel shrimp, leaving tails on; devein, if desired. Grilled Blackened Shrimp Recipe – the ultimate grilling season food. Learn how to make the perfect grilled blackened shrimp at home. Served with grilled corn on the cob and grilled potatoes in foil.
Blackened Corn and Shrimp Salad instructions
How to Make Delicious Blackened Corn and Shrimp Salad instructions ? Here 5 steps how you cook that
- In a large iron skillet, heat vegetable oil over high heat until shimmering..
- Add corn. Let sit without stirring for two minutes, until corn begins to char. Stir once and let sit for another two minutes..
- Add shrimp. Continue to cook, stirring once every two minutes, until shrimp is cooked through, corn has blackened bits and is beginning to pop in the pan. You want a dry pan for the corn to blacken properly– if the shrimp or corn release too much water during cooking, you can drain it off with a strainer and return the corn and shrimp to the skillet to continue charring. I find this is usually only a problem with frozen shrimp..
- Put corn and shrimp in a large heatproof bowl, scraping the skillet as you go so you don't lose any of those delicious blackened bits. Add in the tomatoes, shallots, jalapeño, basil, mayonnaise, Cojita cheese, lime juice, chili powder and paprika. Taste and add salt, additional lime juice, chili powder, mayo or paprika as needed..
- Serve with a slotted spoon into four bowls or plates. Top with green onions, additional Cojita cheese and, if desired, a sprinkle of chili powder or paprika..
Peel shrimp, leaving tails on; devein, if desired. The blackened shrimp is so simple and so extremely flavorful that they can pretty much carry the tacos themselves. I added a super simple slaw to bulk What Do You Serve with Blackened Shrimp Tacos? These tasty little tacos go great with: Cumin Lime Sweet Potatoes, Warm Corn and Avocado Salad. Make corn salad: in a medium bowl combine corn, pepper, and cilantro.