Recipe: Tasty Shrimp macaroni and cheese
Recipe: Delicious Shrimp macaroni and cheese. Shrimp Macaroni and Cheese is rich and crazy creamy loaded with juicy, cajun shrimp and buttery panko topping. It's super easy to make but tastes like you're dining at the finest restaurant! How do you make America's favorite Macaroni and Cheese even better?!
The Ultimate Five-Cheese Macaroni and Cheese Stir in cooked shrimp and pasta. Nif's Cajun Macaroni and Cheese..macaroni and cheese takes my favorite baked macaroni and cheese recipe and spices it up with shrimp, Cajun seasoning, and pepper jack cheese.
Recipe: Appetizing Shrimp macaroni and cheese
You can have Shrimp macaroni and cheese using 19 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Shrimp macaroni and cheese
How to Cook Tasty Shrimp macaroni and cheese ? To Prepare this Juicy Shrimp macaroni and cheese, you will need the following 19 ingredients:
- You need 1 lb – uncooked shrimp, peeled and deveined.
- Prepare 1 tablespoon – butter.
- You need 1 tablespoon – olive oil.
- It’s – Macaroni and cheese.
- Prepare 1 lb – cellentani pasta.
- Prepare 4 tablespoons – butter.
- It’s 1/2 cup – all-purpose flour.
- Prepare 3 cups – milk.
- It’s 1 tablespoon – cornstarch.
- You need 1 tablespoon – onion powder.
- It’s 1 tablespoon – garlic powder.
- It’s 1 tablespoon – parsley flakes.
- It’s 1/2 teaspoon – salt.
- It’s 2 cups – grated extra sharp cheddar cheese.
- It’s 2 cups – grated Monterrey jack cheese.
- Prepare – Topping.
- It’s 1/4 cup – grated Parmesan cheese.
- Prepare 3/4 cup – Panko breadcrumbs.
- It’s 3 tablespoons – melted butter.
I thought that spicy shrimp would be the perfect pairing for a creamy mac and cheese dish; turns out, I was right! Mac and cheese goes upscale in this deliciously cheesy variation. The shrimp gives a unique twist to this popular standard. —Michael Cohen, Los Angeles, California. When the shrimp comes out of the oven, toss it on top of the creamy macaroni & cheese, and sprinkle generously with some chopped green onions.
Shrimp macaroni and cheese instructions
Easiest Way to Make Tasty Shrimp macaroni and cheese step by step ? Here 7 steps how you achieve that
- Cook pasta according to package directions, strain, rinse in cold water, and set aside..
- Melt 1 tablespoon butter with 1 tablespoon olive oil in a large (oven proof) iron skillet on medium-high heat. Add shrimp in an even layer and cook 2-3 minutes, flip over, and continue to cook 2-3 minutes or until cooked through. Remove shrimp to a cutting board. When cool enough to handle, cut into halves. Set aside..
- While shrimp are cooking, preheat oven to 350..
- Keep the drippings in the skillet and melt 4 tablespoons butter over medium heat, then whisk in the flour. Cook, while stirring for 2 minutes. Turn heat to low then gradually whisk in milk. Whisk in cornstarch and remaining seasoning..
- Simmer, whisking constantly until thickened (but not overly thick). Whisk in cheddar, then Monterrey jack. Add shrimp and pasta and stir until evenly coated..
- Spread pasta into an even layer and top with Parmesan. Whisk Panko with melted butter and evenly sprinkle on top. Bake 15-20 minutes or until hot and bubbly. Turn oven to broil to toast Panko for 3-5 minutes, watching closely so it doesn’t burn..
- Let stand 5 minutes before serving..
Snip the ends off of fresh green beans. Stir in the shrimp, shrimp cooking liquids, and macaroni until combined. Spoon into the prepared baking dish. Top with the Parmigiano-Reggiano and breadcrumbs. Indulge in this decadent shrimp and lobster mac and cheese made with a rich, buttery roux and cream sauce and oniony cracker topping.