How to Make Yummy Brad's coconut prawns with Polynesian sauce
How to Cook Yummy Brad's coconut prawns with Polynesian sauce. Chief Kap Te'o-Tafiti of our Samoan Village shows how to husk a coconut. with his teeth! "No need a can opener" Website: www.polynesia.com Follow Us on. I'm not gonna lie, when I first spotted these on the menu of the restaurant I used to work at, I Using a small knife cut the prawns down the back, but do not cut through. This will butterfly the Serve with your favorite dipping sauce.
Now you can make it at home! Want to try this Chick-Fil-A Polynesian Sauce Recipe? Pin it to your SAUCE, CHICKEN, COPYCAT or RECIPE board & SAVE it for later!
Recipe: Delicious Brad's coconut prawns with Polynesian sauce
You can cook Brad's coconut prawns with Polynesian sauce using 22 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Brad's coconut prawns with Polynesian sauce
Easiest Way to Prepare Delicious Brad's coconut prawns with Polynesian sauce ? To Cook this Juicy Brad's coconut prawns with Polynesian sauce, you will need the following 22 ingredients:
- It’s – For the sauce.
- You need 2 jars – apricot pineapple preserves.
- Prepare 1 – small red onion, diced.
- It’s 3 tbs – brown sugar.
- It’s 1 1/2 tbs – white sugar.
- You need 1 tbs – ketchup.
- Prepare 1 tbs – yellow mustard.
- It’s 3 tbs – cider vinegar.
- You need 2 tbs – white vinegar.
- It’s – Juice of 1 lime.
- You need – Juice of 1/2 lemon.
- Prepare 1/2 bunch – chopped cilantro.
- Prepare 1 – LG clove garlic, minced.
- It’s 3 – jalapeño peppers, seeded and chopped.
- Prepare – For the prawns.
- Prepare 2 lbs – 16-21 count prawns, deshell devein and butterfly.
- You need 1 pkg – shredded coconut.
- Prepare 1 1/2 cups – dry tempura batter.
- You need 1/2 tsp – each; salt, garlic powder, ginger, mustard, 5 spice.
- It’s 1 cup – + 2 tbs ice cold water.
- It’s 1 cup – ap flour.
- You need – Lemon slices for garnish.
Roll the prawn in the coconut crumbs, pressing down so the mixture sticks. Serve at once with the papaya dipping sauce. Tender coconut prawns coated in grated coconut, baked till golden and crispy then served with a sweet and spicy dipping sauce made with fresh pineapple and roasted habanero. I am not a huge seafood person.
Brad's coconut prawns with Polynesian sauce step by step
Recipe: Tasty Brad's coconut prawns with Polynesian sauce step by step ? Here 5 steps how you achieve that
- Heat oven to 300 degrees. Place coconut on a large baking sheet. Spread out evenly in a thin layer. Bake around 30 minutes. Stir around 3 or 4 times. Coconut should end up lightly toasted, not burnt..
- Mix all ingredients together for the sauce in a LG saucepan or wok. Slowly bring to a simmer over medium low heat. Simmer until onion becomes tender. Remove from heat and cool until able to be worked with. Place in a blender and pulse until it becomes a smooth sauce..
- Meanwhile, prepare prawns. Heat oil in a deep fryer to 360 degrees. Place flour in a bowl. Mix spices with dry tempura mix, then mix in the water. Adjust until it is like thin pancake batter. Place coconut in another bowl..
- Cook 5-6 prawns at a time so the oil maintains temperature. Dredge in flour, then tempura, then coconut. Knock off excess. Hold tip of prawn in the oil for a couple seconds before dropping in. Fry for 2-3 minutes. Drain on paper towels..
- To plate, spread sauce on the bottom. Arrange prawns, then garnish with a lemon slice. Serve immediately. Enjoy..
I like it once in a while, but I hardly ever crave it. Prepare prawns by peeling off the shells but leaving the tail intact, devein the prawns using a small pairing knife by cutting along the back, also make a long cut on the belly of the prawn from either end. This prawn curry, with its creamy coconut sauce, is typical of the south-west Indian region and it features a home-made spice paste. Scatter over coriander leaves and serve with rice. Note • Tamarind paste and concentrate are from Asian food.