How to Make Tasty Coconut Curry Shrimp
How to Prepare Tasty Coconut Curry Shrimp. Super easy, one pot and tons of flavors! I owe you this coconut curry shrimp recipe. And I'm delivering it in two different versions, one that was the original from a cereal cooking challenge I was part of and the other version minus the cereal for.
Serve this over jasmine rice for a complete meal. Simple Thai-inspired curries have recently become one of my weeknight staples. Coconut Curry ShrimpOne of my favorite curry dishes.
Recipe: Appetizing Coconut Curry Shrimp
You can cook Coconut Curry Shrimp using 12 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Coconut Curry Shrimp
Recipe: Delicious Coconut Curry Shrimp ? To Prepare this Healthy Coconut Curry Shrimp, you will need the following 12 ingredients:
- Prepare 1 lb – raw, peeled and deveined, tail off jumbo shrimp.
- It’s 1 (16 oz) – can coconut milk.
- It’s 3/4 cup – water.
- Prepare – Finely diced onion, about 1/4 cup worth.
- Prepare 1 tbsp – Minced garlic,.
- It’s – Curry powder.
- You need – Salt and pepper.
- You need – Red pepper flakes.
- It’s 1 dash – lime juice.
- You need 1 tbsp – butter.
- It’s 1 1/2 cup – rice.
- Prepare – Rough chopped fresh cilantro.
And finally, if you are averse to shrimp, I actually believe chicken would make a great substitution here OR leave it out. How to serve coconut curry shrimp? Obviously, and just like any curry, this dish is perfect when An easy recipe for very flavorful coconut curry shrimp. The inspiration for this Coconut Red Curry Shrimp Soup recipe came from one of the best restaurants in my town.
Coconut Curry Shrimp instructions
Recipe: Yummy Coconut Curry Shrimp instructions ? Here 4 steps how you achieve that
- Melt butter in preheated skillet. Add onion and garlic. Sauté on low heat until soft and fragrant. Add a few good dashes of curry powder, black pepper, red pepper flakes (if you want it spicy) and a pinch of salt. Keep on low for another couple minutes. It'll start getting a bit pastey..
- Add half the can of coconut milk, continuing to sauté on low heat until it bubbles immediately after stirring. Add the rest of the coconut milk and the water till it's bubbly again. Add more curry powder and a squeeze of lime juice..
- Once the curry sauce is hot, add the raw shrimp. Continue simmering on low heat, stirring about every 3-5 minutes. Add more spice throughout according to your preference. Let it slowly simmer, stirring regularly for probably 20-30 minutes. Add the cilantro in the last 5 minutes of cooking. Serve over rice..
- The key to this recipe is slowly building the flavor. Emphasis on slowly. Your flame should never be turned high at any time during this cook. It's an easy recipe but requires patience. As always I encourage using your own creativity. Add other Indian spices or substitutions if something strikes your fancy. I've seen a lot of recipes call for fresh basil instead of the cilantro, for example. Cilantro sounded better to me 😁 Enjoy and have fun!.
And now I'm sharing my Coconut Red Curry Shrimp Soup recipe with you!! These skillet shrimp noodles are super easy to make at home, but their flavor rivals something you'd get at a restaurant. This easy coconut curry shrimp is perfect for busy weeknights and ready in less than half an hour! A quick and simple curry shrimp recipe – perfect for busy weeknights and with just a few ingredients! This coconut curry shrimp recipe leans toward an Indian style curry (with herbs like cardamom and fenugreek).